Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Immediate court summons

• 03-12-2022 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

I was in my partners house and noticed very briefly a court summons to limerick court for an incident one night he was there on a stag. The court was just over 2 weeks after the incident date. I didnt have time to read it but wondering what could have happened? I know i should be in a position to ask him but forewarned is forearmed and i want to be able to cut through any bull when i do confront him. I know he did go to the court as he said he was down the country for work that day. He's generally a good guy but we all get stupid with drink.

Just wondering what offences are heard in court that quickly, was it a case he got his summons there and then? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭The Real President Trump

A stag so it would've been cocaine and prostitutes ,

Don't forget a stabbing because it's Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭phildub

Well we might all be stupid with drink but he was sober when he lied to you and told you he was going down the country for work.

You also want to be armed with information as you want to be able to call him out on his lies, this does not paint the picture of a generally good guy!

He could have been arrested, brought to the station and then station bailed with charge sheets which would have him in court within two weeks. He could have also been arreeted and kept over night and then bailed by the judge in court but if this happened on a Saturday night he wouldn't have seen a judge before Monday so im assuming you would know when he came back from limerick?

It's unlikely, in my opinion, that he was issued a court summons without having been arrested in that short length of time but I don't know how fast the turnaround is in limerick for summons, maybe they are on the ball down there. In Dublin you could be waiting up to a year almost to be served a summons where the garda has to apply for the summons in court.

In terms of the offence it could literally be anything, I wouldn't want to speculate

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Mark25

Whatever he was charged with would have been on the charge sheet. It was probably something not too serious like public order or criminal damage if he got charged straight away and a quick court date. Unless he pleaded guilty on the day he will probably have a few more days work down the country to come.

Advertisement