Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook etiquette and procedures

Options
  • 02-12-2022 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

I came across a loose group of about 6 old school friends of some 50 years in the tooth and was pleasantly surprised that they had remained in contact together for so long (well they still lived near each other so there was that)

So ,I reintroduced myself to two or three of them and one was friendly and chatty but others didn't answer .

One of the less friendly ones sent me a "friend acceptance " but no other response.

I commented on a few of his posts and got a few terse responses but no more than that.

I had more or less given up on getting much interesting communication from them when another of the "group" ,who had not responded to the one or two messages I had sent him also sent me a "friend acceptance" notification almost a year after I had messaged him in the first place.

I find it hard to understand how these things work and whether this "friend acceptance" notification should be taken as an invitation to respond in kind (I never ask to be "friended" on facebook) or try again to send a message on messenger.

Advertisement