Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyway of stopping phone ringing in pocket?

Options
  • 01-12-2022 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

I have an iPhone 8. I assume what the issue here is, is that the screen stays active for too long for me, and the phone ends up texting/ringing people during that time. I think the way it works, is that the screen seems to dim after about 60 seconds, and then another while after that it goes black, and only another while after that again does it go inactive. Obviously once it goes inactive the home button needs to be pushed in order to activate it. The home button isn't going to get accidentally pressed when in your pocket as easily as the screen can be pressed. I think what I need is to make sure that the home button goes inactive sooner.

On another note, the passcode is set for 5 minutes. But strangely the phone seems to have its own mind for own long a limit it makes for the passcode to be required. I can of course pause internet radio without using the passcode after the 5 minute limit, but I'd imagine that's a bulit-in exception.

Thank you

Comments

Advertisement