Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Washing Machine Recommendation

Options
  • 28-11-2022 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

I need a new machine. Looking at 7-9kg. Need to be able to do a full wash in under 2 hours if possible. Every machine I look at, a full load takes 3 hours plus. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

How much do want to spend.?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

I would consider the price if it did what I needed. I must have looked at 10 different machines today, priced around 500e and each manual had set out the program lengths. They were frightening long. I used to be able to do a 7kg in 1hr20.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

You're not going to get that on any machine if your max time includes rinse & spin.

Wash cycle times have increased due to energy savings requirements. Long wash times at low temperatures.

A rapid cycle might be that quick but will only be for small loads. You are looking at industrial, commercial machine requirements.

Miele just cheats slightly by making it a lot more programmable. They’ve a 40°C and 60°C wash that’s used for the energy profiling and then they’ve optional ones that are less water and slightly less energy efficient, but are only an hour or so. You just select water plus and short.

They also have a 49min 5kg “power wash” that is extremely effective.

Check the options on the machines, a lot of them have short / express / time saver options that just do a more old fashioned cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Good deals on Samsung Ecobubble this week at Harvey Norman.

Take a look at their stock on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Whirlpool. 1.35 for normal load

Would avoid Candy. Bosch would appear to be ok also

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Most Bosch models have high speed modes that would give an appalling energy and water use rating but significantly improve speed. Recent series6 will adjust the time on a full load compared to the initial ~70min claim but will still normally be done in 90. Compares to 3h+ on eco

One of my older relatives got a hotpoint washer dryer that has no such options and is taking over 4 hours to do a cotton cycle. It's a complete joke. I'm going to have to buy her a new machine as she's in her 80s and has taken to hand washing as it takes too long.

4h10 to do a cotton cycle is just nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

The Bosch wan 28003 can do a mixed load @40degrees with a 1400 spin in 45 minutes when set on speed wash, it’s quick wash at 30deg takes 15 min

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

LG make the best washing machines

Look for one with turbo wash some do a half load in 39 or 59 minutes plus the spin cycle removes alot of water from the clothes, most seem to have 5 year warranty, I've one just over 5 years and it's still going strong. Direct drive too, very quiet middling noisy on the spin. Yup I'm an LG fan, bosch for the heat pump dryers though...

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

I've a Whirlpool washer dryer and it's not quiet. Should have read the energy label closer.

Look at the energy label on each machine to find decibel level, it's located in bottom right.

Samsung & certain Bosch models are pretty quiet, around 63-67db.

Post edited by ongarite on

Advertisement