Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Jeep Avenger

Options
  • 28-11-2022 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

I know there is not many Jeep dealers here or even many Jeeps around but this looks great in fact I would even say it has hints of some of the smaller VW suvs on the side. No bad thing as they seem to be successful.

This has been designed in Europe and built for Europe in Europe.

It will launch in the first quarter of next year sometime. Expected price in the UK of £34 thousand pounds. So whatever that will be here probably in the 40s.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Post edited by liamog on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes it certainly is. I think Jeep missed a trick at the front do. They could have had the front grill as there 7 grills right across and used them as the lights as well.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Miscreant

51kWh gives a 400km range in that flying brick? They must be joking!

It looks pretty nice though. Price will be well into the €40k bracket, I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

That's 4.9 miles per kwh.

In a controlled test in ideal conditions (lab) that's plausible.

Clearly on a motorway at 5 degrees in winter you would get an entirely different figure.

Using 2.5 miles per kwh as an illustration figure and assuming you get the full 51 kwh claimed usable.

Then you are looking at 127 miles - and a VERY disappointed owner if they were relying on the WLTP figure.

Frequently when owners are disappointed in range as in "unhappy with EVs" type disappointed.

They were expecting a drop in range from WLTP but *NOT* a 2nd drop in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,548 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Bring a 4WD version. Sick of these faux by fours at the best of times but a 2WD jeep is just wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

There will be 4wd version.

There will be four-wheel-drive versions, we’re promised –

The car weighs just over a tonne and a half, and Jeep says it’ll be capable of travelling around 249 miles between recharges - or 342 miles in stop-start urban traffic that allows more frequent brake-energy recuperation.

Post edited by AMKC on

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭atahuapla

Just saw this featured in the Irish Times motoring section yesterday as European Car of the year 2023.

Really striking looking car, the nicest they've produced since the Cherokee Trailhawk (which sadly never made it to these shores).

Will be interesting to see Irish price point on this. Only available prices are from Germany:

Avenger Longitude (from €38,500), Avenger Altitude (from €40,500) and the top version Avenger Summit (from €43,500)

CarGurus did a decent review recently:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

Any word on when we'll get more information about Irish availability and prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭quokula

Looks like they put out a press release last week with Irish prices.

Price after grants is €36k for the entry level and €42.5k for the top spec. Availability from mid October.

I think this is a strong contender to replace my ID3 in the new year.

Advertisement