Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meter Readings

Options
  • 28-11-2022 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all

I have a question in relation to meter reading. I moved house in early October and the kWh reading on the meter was 616kWh as it is a fairly new build (first time let). We haven't received a bill yet but trying to gauge it off the meter reading. Our house is fully electric heating, water heating, hob. We also have our water connected to a pump as we are in the country side but I don't know if this has any connection to our own network or is it split between the 4 houses on the plot.

As of today we are 8 weeks in the house and our meter is reading 1970kWh. With that in mind, our reading was 1840kWh on Saturday evening, a 130kWh increase in 2 days where neither of us were in the house except in the morning before work and evening after work seems crazy. We don't use a tumble dryer either just to note!

Considering the "average" usage per year is 4200kWh, I feel like an extortionately high bill is coming our way. I work in the office 2/3 days per week and my girlfriend is in the office 5 days a week this usage seems very high.

Would anyone have any advice on this or could someone in a similar living situation be able to give any insight into their meter readings.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,484 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Are you reading it correctly and not including the decimal place?

Sound a bit saner?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭blackbox

Upload a picture of your meter.

It is possible, but unlikely, that your meter is faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dleahy92

Received a bill this morning.

my meter reading was correct. 1120kWh usage for the 51 days.

Thanks for the input all.

Heat Pump?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The 'average' is for a house with fossil fuel main heating - any form of electric heating will result in massively higher electricity bills, but you don't have to buy oil / pay a gas bill etc

Advertisement