Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes SRS restraint system

Options
  • 26-11-2022 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

Hi

My 2001 CL203 Mercedes Kompressor sure is old but I love it. If you don't know CL203 it's just an adaptation of W203.

I did my annual test and was failed on a few issues that I can fix easily enough. However it was also failed for the error message on the dashboard - SRS Restraint system visit workshop.

I scanned with my cheap scanner and got no codes. I went to a garage and paid 28 euro for them to professionally scan the car and give me a diagnosis. Good Lord, I got back 6 x A4 printed pages of errors!

I was informed the errors are mostly CAN-BUS system and they could not fix it. I was advised to go to a Mercedes dealership and ask them for an opinion.

I will do this next week but can I ask the good people of boards is CAN-BUS going to involve hours and hours of dealership diagnosis? As an addition the dashboard doesn't turn off and drains the battery in 2-3 days. I do not care really as I just remove the fuse in the side panel. So I'm aware of electrical problems but it's bangeronomics ☺️ and the car drives super but I cannot keep it road legal with Mercedes SRS restraint system error. If it's time to retire the car so be it, I just ask here too.

Anyone seen such an error, advice appreciated 🙂

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭paultronix

Don't be too alarmed by the diagnostic report as most of those can errors will also erase without issues, you only need to read the errors from the srs module, usually on these cars its going to be something simple enough like a dry connection etc, these cars were built to last so maybe try another company to perform a scan.

Advertisement