Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1983 Raleigh Road Ace 57cm

Options
  • 25-11-2022 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

I'll stick this here for a few days before advertising online.

If you are a cyclist of a certain age, you'll know that these were the proverbial bendy bit of the bee's leg...This was the bike that we all drooled over in the local Raleigh dealers.

Reynolds 531c frame and fork.

Original pearlescent paint with some age and use related patina.

Couple of decals have been replaced with H Lloyd reproduction items.

Groupset is a mix of Shimano 600ax, later model Shimano 600 and age appropriate Dura ace; rims are Wolber clinchers.

Plenty of detailed pics available.

Reluctant sale but circumstances and life always get in the way!

€650 and open to offers.

Bike is located in Co Waterford but delivery/meeting in a random motorway services halfway, drinking bad coffee and chatting about vintage bikes, is always an option!

Post edited by magicbastarder on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

Very nice original bike 8valve

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Etc

Wow, if it was smaller I’d take it immediately, between that and the team replica they were the stuff of dreams

Here’s the page from the 1984 catalogue

https://www.bulgier.net/pics/bike/Catalogs/Raleigh84/ral84_03.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Brings back memories - I had most of that group set on a Vitus 979 back in the 80's when I was racing under age. Bought the bike 2nd hand from one of the Blarney CC guys.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,824 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

lucky (or unlucky) for me 8valve's bikes are always too big for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

Brace yourself and the wallet. Lots of smaller ones to come in the coming months...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

Mods please close. Moving online.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement