Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2023 Half Marathons / 10 Mile

Options
  • 25-11-2022 7:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

With the Bohermeen half marathon going on sale at 10am this morning, I've realised I might miss some great races around the country by just not knowing about them.

I missed out on the Trim 10 mile also as it sold out the day it was released.

Anyone aware of any other upcoming half marathons / 10 Miles for 2023, and whether they're worth doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Sandwell

I'd highly recommend the Mullingar Half. Don't think it normally sells out but it's definitely worth considering as an alternative to Bohermeen. It's a fast, flat course and was really well organized when I ran it this year with a good buzz around the start and finish areas in the town centre. No issues with parking either which is always a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Bundoran 10

Mullingar Half

Royal Canal Half

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The Battle of Clontarf 10 mile was on Easter Monday this year. I don't see a date for 2023 yet but assume it will go ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

My home town Naas, has a 10 mile race on March 5th limited to 600 runners. I'll be honest and say up front, that it's not an open course, you run on the footpath and last year we had to cross a road (still open to traffic). In saying that, they say it's a new course this year and the runs, be it a 10k or 10 mile are always well organised. I personally enjoy it, as there is a nice section down along the canal.

Ran by Brendan's running club, a great group of locals of all abilities, which gives it a feeling of being a friendly Sunday long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Markey1

Already entered the Naas 10 mile, and there's also the Turgesius 10 mile ran by the North Westmeath AC that will be on 19th February. Turgesius was very well organised last year, lovely course with some long flat stretches, but we were in the middle of a storm & weather warning at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

For anyone in Munster, the Mallow AC 10 mile and Cobh 10 mile races are on the end of march and early April. Both fantastic events.

I did the Kinvara half marathon last year. Enjoyed it so much, that I'm registered for 2023 again.

It's on in March. Hilly course, but not ridiculous. Run through the Burren for part of it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

That sounds like one that would suit my training for Belfast 👍🏾

Good location too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Westport Full, Half & 10K - 01/04/2023

https://www.westportmarathon.ie/

Saw signs for this one in Westport yesterday....the website is decent looking but lacking in specific route details (unless I'm missing something).

The full looks to be an out and back to Louisberg but nothing about the Half or 10K. Might follow up with them on Facebook and see what the story is.

There could be a decent buzz around Westport and maybe Louisberg I'd say on the day but a few lonely miles in between with only the scenery to keep you company

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Snodge

What is the John Treacy course like? As in flat/hilly etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭coogy

Earlybird entries now open for the Fastlane 10k/Half Marathon along the Grand Canal (between Clondalkin and Lucan) and surrounding area.

Nice and flat.

https://eventmaster.ie/event/5GQ2FQvsEz

• Registered Users Posts: 36 gerdywerdy

Have these on a list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭T-Bird

I'm doing the first 2 on that list but I'm going to run the half at the Tony McGowan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

I’ll deffo do the Drogheda 10k. Love that race . Newry half looks interesting . Anyone got any feedback on it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 gerdywerdy

Newry Half registration marathon opens today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I haven't run it yet but the Kilkee half looks very scenic

https://runkilkee.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Kilcock 10 mile will be back this year 😁. 27th Aug, not up on Myrunresults yet but it will be

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭thelordgod

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Dublinlad1989

Thinking about entering into the Bear Race Series. - Bear Races 2023 Trilogy Series - Buy Tickets (eventmaster.ie)

Its three half marathons but i've never run these races before.

Has anyone any feedback on what they are like? Its €99 for the three races which isn't too bad and i don't mind paying if they're going to be decent.

WICKLOW GAOL BREAK HALF MARATHON AND 10KM 

Sunday, 26th March 2023

PETTITTS WEXFORD HALF MARATHON AND 10 KM 

Sunday, 23rd April 2023 

JOE DUFFY BMW CLONTARF HALF MARATHON and 5 MILE 

Saturday, 8th July 2023

Post edited by Dublinlad1989 on

I did it a couple of years ago. They are fine. All well run and there is a decent crowd running. All roads are closed and there are water stations. Clontarf was along the beach for a portion of the run so head to the hard sand nearer the sea. Unfortunately on the day there was a sewage smell that was fairly overpowering near the Bull Wall but most times I am up there it is fine.

Will probably do 2 or 3 of them this year myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

All great events, Wicklow always full of hills, no way around it but lovely town and coastline.

Clontarf good for a time if it's a fairly calm day, nice flat out and back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

This Tralee 10 miler is on the 11th February. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100086719935067

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭gaf1983

It is very scenic! Lovely clifftop route, and you finish by thy beach so you can go in for a dip straight after. I did it last summer, really enjoyed it. A couple of hills but manageable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭gaf1983

My post above was meant to be a reply to you - Kilkee is a great route, did it last year and am going back again this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Kilbeggan 10 race on 6th August 2023 (co westmeath).

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100069167716550

Hope it's not as hot this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TeaTotal

Anyone done Wexford half? Between that and Longford same weekend (23rd of April)

Wexford is a nice half marathon. Easy to get to and easy to get parking. Good tshirt the year I did it aswell.

Advertisement