Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you have to give eir notice when switching provider ? FTTH

• 25-11-2022 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

i'm out of contract since october and currently have the 1gb package with eir but reached out to digiweb as the bill is too high. i already placed an order with digiweb but was just reading through threads that mention you have to tell eir you're switching , is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

Yes, you have to notify any of the ISPs that you're cancelling the contract as they may expect return of equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

Thanks , what happens if you don't contact them ? im not actually in contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,377 ✭✭✭✭phog

I could be wrong here but thought part of the transfer from one operator to another was the losing operator was notified at the ordering stage to transfer to the new operator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Glaceon

Same as, always presumed this to be the case if moving to another provider on the same infrastructure (copper, SIRO, etc). Definitely true when moving mobile operators, you could lose the number otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Get your cancellation date from your old provider 1 day after the new crowd take over otherwise you lose service. It is not like switching energy providers, you can still get charged for a service you aren't using. Eir continued to charge me months afterward I copped it and Vodafone refunded me because they had told me "We will take care of everything..."

• Advertisement
Advertisement