Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Google Nest router and Pure Telecom

Options
  • 24-11-2022 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I currently have a 500 download FTTH package with Pure Telecom. I have the Fritzbox router. I see that Google currently have a black Friday deal on a nest router and 1 point for €84. I have a few questions?

Is this a good deal?

I currently get 215 download standing right next to the fritzbox, would the nest router improve (I realize where WIFI is concerned this is not an easy question)?

I'm currently getting a VOIP phone lime from the fritzbox so I would need to sept the Nest in an access point mode, is this possible?

If at some point the phone line is now longer needed could the nest router replace the fritxbox and just be connected directly to the ONT on the wall?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭peter_h1979

Hey Guys,

So I found out from other sources that the Nest router cant be configured in AP mode which means that if you connect it the ISP router you would get a double NAT situation. However I found out that you can configure the Nest as a DMZ host which I believe would eliminate the double NAT issue. Anyone on this forum come across this, would this work?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭peter_h1979

Please ignore this tread I found the answers I needed elsewhere.

Advertisement