Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seikos on Adverts

Options
  • 24-11-2022 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Just came across this seller on Adverts

https://touch.adverts.ie/member/2919930/ads

No sales or reviews up yet,does anyone know anything about the seller?

Will be keeping an eye on their ads to see if genuine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Great name in fairness 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I was looking at those myself.All the watches seem legit , nothing jumps out as wrong on any of them .The skx007 look cheap , the bullhead and pogue seem high enough for well worn examples but the ad says open to offers so room for negotiating.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭covey123

Noticed an ebay decorative light in one of the shots,if the account is legit it looks like its an established seller

https://m.ebay.ie/seller?sid=seikopath&_trksid=p2349624.m3561.l49544

• Registered Users Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭banie01

He does have a good insta and a serious penchant for pogues.

Other than that, I know nothing about him.

https://instagram.com/the_seikopath?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Registered Users Posts: 5,823 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Isn't there a Seiko shop/supplier in Ballymount?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

On the first Pogue ask him to move the time away from 5 o'clock. My dial has started to flake near the chrono minute dial. This one could be the same.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

There is a Seiko repair place in Ballymount.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,823 ✭✭✭fat bloke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Deffo not FB. Especially so when he's guilt of crossing the streams and daring to modify seiko stuff with aftermarket, shock horror!

Joking aside his stuff looks great and he's given me an idea re his bullhead and a vk64 mashup with a Homage case and dial. Oh the fun!

I suppose the only thing with buying from a lad like this is to be 100% aware of the originality of what yer getting. He's able to make seiko parts dance and marry together seamlessly, but from my perspective I dig what he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Fair play to him, good idea. I like some modded seikos, but personally wouldn't be into the ones done purely to look like a rolex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

That name sounds familiar for some reason…

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭saccades

That bellmatic price is a taking the piss, lume is falling apart, badly polished and no bracelet, especially for a 17 jewel version.

His "refurbed" skx007 scream avoid to me, "new" JDM dial with faded orange divers writing? No. New bezel? No.

Claims to have fitted nh36 movements, which is day & date but on date only dials and the nh35 is cheaper to buy. Also claiming ceramic on all metal bezels.

Also has fake (not homage, full on fake) dials on their mods, along with a lot of other questionable parts where they suggest Seiko but are not.

Most of my watches are modded Seiko's but those descriptions often don't match the images, trust them as far as I could spit them.

Advertisement