Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to set up TV in new house

Options
  • 23-11-2022 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi, we are moving in to a new build in the coming weeks and we are wondering how to set up our TVs. We will have TVs in 2 rooms and will need to buy a new ~55" TV for one room (we already have a non smart 40" TV and Google Shield connected to this). We don't watch a lot of channels, just the Irish channels and Netflix & Amazon Prime so we were thinking of just getting good broanband and not subscribing to a paid TV service such as Sky or Eir. How would you suggest we set this up? Can I get saorview on the Google Shield? Would a new TV be able to connect to Saorview? All suggestions welcome, thanks

Edit: Also I spotted this TV in Lidl Black Friday sales. Can I assume that it is Saorview approved? https://www.lidl.ie/p/black-friday-deals/55-uhd-smart-tv/p30154

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

An aerial connected to the TV will be required to watch the Saorview TV channels

Any TVs sold here will work with Saorview.

Advertisement