Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Central Heating Low Pressure?

Options
  • 23-11-2022 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi,

Had an issue that started a couple of days ago whereby the upstairs heating was not working properly. On the 2nd floor most of the radiators nearest the hot press were working perfectly, some of the further radiators at the ends of the house were not as hot as normal and we have a few radiators on the 3rd floor which were not heating at all.

Trying to bleed the issue radiators which resulted in some air coming out but when that stopped no water followed?? so I was thinking pressure issue. I found a leak downstairs where the hot water comes from and fixed that but now I guess I need to pressurise the system.

There are no gauges or cold water valves near the oil boiler in the garage but please look at the attached from the hot press. I am assuming the valve circled in red needs opened to do this - I believe it comes from the cold water tank in the attic. But this goes into the hot water feed to the cylinder (and you can see the pressure for the hot water is sitting above 2 bar which is fine) - should there be another one of these valves for the central heating.

The second photo shows another gauge but I have no idea what it is for.

I probably need to give more detail or information but hoping maybe someone out there knows a lot more than me and will figure it out.

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dp639

I'll reply to myself as it might help someone.

Opened the fill loop and had to manually override the motorised valve, bled each radiator until water came out, kept it open until the gauge read 1 bar then closed the fill loop - all working perfectly now.

Advertisement