Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reading a smart meter

Options
  • 23-11-2022 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi all,

Got a smart meter fitted last week.

Got the email today from SSE to submit a reading, so I opened to box to take it.

Cannot figure it out ?

There is no 4 or 5 digit number on display when I scroll through the screens.

My last reading, according to my provider, was 26618, exactly a week ago.

The reading before that was a month earlier - 26408.

Why, when I scroll through the screens on the smart meter do I not see a number like this?

The only number that's anymore near this is 35 KWh, under the numbers 1.8.0 and H+

Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭antomack

Pretty straightforward, see the linked video. You can also register on esb networks to be able to see your readings online although seems to take a fair while before your smart ones start appearing, 4 weeks since mine installed and still unavailable.

Also you'll be starting from zero on new meter.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The readings you mentioned were on your old meter I assume, so the new meter will start from 0. 35 kWh is the current reading then.

When the smart meter was installed the installer will have taken a reading from the old one and informed ESB and your provider.

Quite why your provider is asking for a reading from your smart meter is a strange one. The whole point of the things is that they can be read remotely.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭ratedR

I've already watched this video.

It isn't helpful as as I've explained, I don't see a 5 digit number like the one they show in the video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭wench

You don't see a 5 digit number because you restart from zero, and you haven't used thousands of units in the last week since install.

The 35kWhr figure is the one you need to provide to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Exactly. As already mentioned, twice, your new meter starts at zero, so the 35 kWh reading is what you've used since the meter was installed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement