Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric Ireland contact

• 23-11-2022 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

These guys are a joke, kept on hold for over 20 mins to get transerred to an employees mailbox which was inactive, so line hung up!! What the hell, anyway anybody else have a similar experience contacting these idiots?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Too many people ringing them with banal enquiries that answers can be found to online.

Send them an email with your query and they will respond.

I assume you are a customer of Electric Ireland and the query is something unusual that can only be answered in person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Never had any issues contacting them. Maybe they're tied up with inane queries about the €200 credit. They're usually excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭vinniem

Yes it's something that can't be answered online, I'd normally never ring any providers. Just find it infuriating that I'm on hold 20mins then get cut off..

Yes I understand that, but the level of customer service has dropped significantly across most providers.. Maybe that's due to staffing levels post covid, but they are charging enough with huge profits now to at hire extra staff and answer the phones!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I recently had a nightmare trying to contact them - emailed via the website, no reply. Phone, spent hours on hold, never got through, ever.

I eventually got intermittent contact via twitter, and limped to a sort-of resolution of my issue, with some questions still unanswered.

I've never had a problem with them before, but this was just maddening.

• Advertisement

Yes that's not a nice experience for you, it's unacceptable when you consider the price hikes etc, ud expect not to be kept on hold longer than 10mins, we all have busy lives and can do without bad service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭MikeCairo78

Just on the above - I have had no responses to emails / online contacts / phone calls on ongoing issues since July(moving house and trying to close account on previous house)

The issue has been resolved, and when I did finally get someone the query was sorted immediately, it is just the getting to get to someone was a nightmare - I think I had 8/9 mails unanswered in the period in question

Sorry, sounds like a painful experience. Terrible disrespect for customers!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Yes, I found Twitter was the only way to get a response to a query I had a while back.

Didn't try ringing, did try email and got no response at all.

Advertisement