Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Annoying backpage problem

Options
  • 21-11-2022 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

I’ve a new 13 mini and every time I back page in safari it goes to the top of the page rather than to the block I was on. This wasn’t the case on my previous devices. Any know if there a setting for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭djdunny

Also experiencing this on an iPhone 12 Pro (running 16.2 (a) beta. I notice it most when browsing Boards. Tested it with another site there and the issue didn’t occur. I just put it down to the update with Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

It's been like that for years on BBC news and Journal.ie (iPhone Xs)

Now seeing an occasional issue on BBC news when you go back a page, and it goes to the top, but also zooms in fully, so you end up looking at one or two huge letters in a word of the main headline. You can pinch to return to normal, but WTF...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭webpal

I’ve also noticed that on pages that you are scrolling on and click e.g. read more etc obviously the page expands but when you click away from that and back page again, it goes to the very top and you have to go through the Read Mores again

Advertisement