Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Gearbox giving trouble, have car 3 months

Options
  • 21-11-2022 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Bought a 151 Peugeot 5008 semi automatic in August from a garage. There was 159 k km. Already, have had a starter replaced, air flow meter and had something reset as it wouldn't come out of 1st gear after taking off. In the past few days, if I'm stopped in traffic, going uphill, it seems like it will hardly take off and there's a rattle underneath. It is also slow changing from 3rd to 4th gear..I'm over an hour from the garage so it's hard to get there and back with work. Going on Saturday to check it out. If it is the gearbox and it is only starting to give trouble now, am I entitled to get them to replace it? Just sick of it now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭XLR 8

They're not gonna replace the car unfortunately. I presume you got some form of warranty and I again I am going to assume they'll honour it. I would let them repair it and take it from there. Could have been alot worse had the warranty expired.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Cal04

Hoping they would replace gearbox and not car. At least I still have warranty

Advertisement