Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nitelink Pick-Up Stops

Options
  • 20-11-2022 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Something I've noticed, and which seems to have always been an issue, is that beyond the first Dublin Bus Nitelink pick up points in the city centre, the route number and timetable is not displayed at bus stops.

For example, I've occasionally used the 69N and despite it having pick up stops in Thomas Street and at the end of Watery Lane in Clondalkin Village the route number and a timetable has never been displayed at these stops (despite all other route numbers and timetables being displayed).

This is in comparison to Go Ahead Ireland regional routes which operate on a Friday/Saturday night - for example the 126N is clearly displayed as a route number at pick up points at the Luas stop at Kylemore Road/Naas Road junction and at Newlands Cross.

There is Nitelink map and route information on the Dublin Bus website, but some of the pick up points are vague. An example from the map available on the Dublin Bus website - the 70N is shown as having a pick up point on North Circular Road. For a person unfamiliar with the route, the North Circular Road is a long road and there are a lot of bus stops on the North Circular Road.

I'm conscious that the majority of Nitelink stops outside Dublin city centre are drop off only, but is there any particular logic to Dublin Bus choosing not to clearly display the route number or timetable of Nitelink services at pick up stops? Or, even give the exact stop numbers of all pick up points online? I can only assume it's a deliberate decision.

The only online resource which seems to show Nitelink pick up stops is Google Maps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

The remaining Nitelink route will likely be replaced by 24hr routes once Bus Connects is finished rolling out so DB/NTA are unlikely to be bothered putting anymore money into them

Post edited by mikeybhoy on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Surely the likes of the 31n will remain, unless they plan on eventually making the h-spine 24 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭bikeman1

A more sensible thing would be to have a few additional departures during the night on the H spine. One bus out during the night on each of the H1 and H3 would be sufficient. Just need the NTA to fund it.

Advertisement