Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Importing an engine swapped car from the UK

Options
  • 17-11-2022 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I am looking import an bmw e36 318i from the uk that has a 2.5 litre engine in it. It is currently still registered as an 1.9 on the books. If i was to register it here would there be any issues? I am aware that I have to inform the tax office about the cc capacity. When vrting it will the logbook change from 318 to 325? The car has MOT and is Taxed over there. I am also aware with the whole insurance situation. Is there also any else that I am missing out on that could put me in a difficult situation.

Any help would be appreciated as this is my first time in this situation!

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement