Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

advice from advanced (used) car buyer

Options
  • 17-11-2022 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

hey folks

so i am likely going to buy a 191 kia ceed 1.0 petrol k4 spec in the beginning of december

now i've never bought a used car from a dealership. the last time was 10 years ago when i bought 03 micra from private for 3000 cash.

so, i did test drive the car, and there one issue with either the turbo or fuel system i believe, which will be looked at and serviced by kia. symptoms where when i floored the gas pedal, the car started stuttering and would accelerate properly. after the repair i will do another test drive before i decide if i want to buy it.

on my first test drive, i didnt ask very much questions about the car itself or tested all that much.

so if i go again, what should i test in particular, what questions should i ask? i didnt look under the hood, which i will do. but honestly not sure what to look out for. the salesman showed me the boot and that there is a spare under the boot floor.

if you are experienced with buying used cars, what questions about the car itself do you ask? what do you touch, what do you test when sitting in the drivers seat?

since kia will do something about the car, i will ask them to provide the invoice/info on what exactly was repaired/replaced. i will also ask to see the full service history which they said they have. and i already asked them to provide me some kind of official kia info that the car is still under warranty, because i dont know how i could check that myself?

they said the car will be serviced and valeted before they deliver it to me.

i am very anxious... anything else you think i should check out or ask? anything i'm forgetting?

Comments

Advertisement