Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling a car with problems

Options
  • 17-11-2022 12:37pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So my 2010 ford focus has run into more problems, and i don't think spending anymore money on it will be worth it. Wanted to get some advice on how I'd sell it, while being as up front as i can be to any potential buyer about the issues it has. Will a garage give me a report on any issues, which i can then include in the description on whatever site i use? Or would I better off getting these issues fixed, and selling it on in fully working order?

Currently its not running due to a dead alternator, and will get that replaced today or tomorrow. After that, it has a broken front left coil spring (front right replaced last year) engine/fans seems to take a few mins when i turn it off, wheel alignment is slightly off, and a few other issues that i struggle to explain (engine and suspension sounds that sound...off). 140k miles on it. Think it may have been a UK import originally, as the speedometer is miles.

This is my first car, so never sold one before, and want to make sure i'm as up front as i can be when trying to sell this.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭User1998

Is it diesel? Fan staying on is normal. Broken coil spring is an easy fix. Get the alternator fixed so the car runs and just advertise it normally. You can give a discount for the coil spring if they notice it, and I wouldn’t worry about the engine and suspension sounding ‘off’ if your selling it.

Advertisement