Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unitron Aid Users

Options
  • 16-11-2022 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Are there any Unitron hearing aid users here? I upgraded my hearing aids today to the Unitron Blu 7 rechargeable aids and was wondering if it's safe to put them in my hearing aid cleaner? It's one of the ultraviolet dehumidifier types.

Also, I have a Unitron TV streamer and bluetooth receiver that I no longer need if anyone needs/ wants one. FOC.

What do people do with their old aids? I upgraded from a pair of Unitron Moxi Fit that cost around €5000 5 years ago. They're still perfect. I'd give them away but I'm not sure if an audiologist would fit them to someone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Terminator

I don't think there would be any harm in putting them in a dehumidifier when you aren't wearing them or charging them. Your new recharging station may have built-in drying functions too.

You should keep your old aids in case your new ones need to be repaired. Also keep any accessories for the same reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gwildor

Thanks for the reply…

Thankfully, the hearing aid supplier I use keeps bulk stock, so no problem getting an instant replacement if one fails. As we all know, good quality hearing aids aren’t cheap, so I’d rather mine go to someone who could use them but may be worried about the cost.

The charge station does have a spot for one of those silica tabs, but I’d just rather use the ultraviolet cleaner/ dehumidifier. It kills all the bacteria as well as getting rid of any moisture. The main concern was that it does get warm. I just removed the battery from the old aids so there was no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Terminator

I have custom aids that take 3 or more weeks to repair so that explains our different outlooks.

If it were me, I would use the silica tabs for daily drying and use the ultraviolet cleaner (without the warming function) once per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

Would you still be still interested in giving away that TV streamer, mine is sadly on its last legs. I'm assuming it's ok for the Unitron Moxi Move?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have very non-custom aids that also took three weeks to get back due to incompetence, I was very glad to dig out my old aids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Dslatt

I've signia hearing aids, 70% bilateral high frequency loss since birth, have not gotten to try them out with the phone apps because I loath Apple as a company but they are pretty good, and have good battery life.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gwildor

Sorry, I didn't see your reply until now!

You're very welcome to it if it's compatible with your aids. I had it paired with Unitron Moxi Fit.

Advertisement