Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with gaming performance

Options
  • 16-11-2022 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Im playing a game called company of heroes 2 that was released 10 years ago.

More recently iv noticed my graphics start to lag in game and now when i do an auto test for my graphics settings, everything is set to minimum while before most were set to high(it is a 10 year old game after all)

I have barely anything installed on it as i literally only use it to play one game.

Specs of my pc are as follows

G5 Dell gaming desktop

8gb ram

Core i5-10400f cpu

Nvidia GTX 1660 super

Running it at 3840x2160 @30hz as i have a 27inc monitor and that seems to be the lowest i can set it to.

I know i dont have a high end computer but i dont understand how its struggling to run this game along with graphics settings now all being set to minimum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭Homelander

Company of Heroes 2, like the original game, was an extremely demanding game for its time.

If by lag, you mean the occasional stutter, I'd say that's pretty normal considering you're running at 4K.

If you look at reviews for say the GTX980, which is probably close enough in speed to the 1660S, in reviews it ran COH2 benchmark at 4K low settings with an avg of 42fps.

It's just a demanding game. When I first played COH in 2006, it ran like a dog as well even though my PC was higher-end at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Fol20

I just realised it’s the 4k screen that lowers everything else.

what would you recommend. 1920x1080 on high settings

or

3840x1080 on low/min settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Run it at 1920 x 1080 with high settings and you will get great performance.

You 1660 Super GPU wont perform well at 4k except for the simplest of games having only 6GB Vram and 192bit bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 jobrien874ie

1920x1080 on high settings - if you encounter it still being slow - try and lower a few of the settings down - some will be more intensive then others - I can't post links yet but search for company of heroes 2 fps settings - there is a steam guide for how to get the most out of your hardware

Advertisement