If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Non dom status

  • 16-11-2022 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

    Hi all,

    Some people living in Ireland have the opportunity to be tax resident here but be non domiciled. If such a person was from a state like say UAE or Hong Kong with low taxes on investments, it would allow an enviable situation where overseas income would not be taxable here provided it was not remitted to Ireland. However, I have been told this varies depending on whether it is income or capital gains. I have been told capital gains don't have this option as gains are chargeable under Sch D Case IV (offshore fund rules). Does anyone have more information on this? It seems a high yield dividend strategy would be the appropriate strategy in this case.