Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office 2016

Options
  • 16-11-2022 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭

I got my laptop via work and so don't have things such as the product keys etc,

Office 365 is already installed and I want to keep it but I need O16 for a few months. I have no idea how to source or the budget to pay a lot for it and I would need to get a download.

I tried to get MS online for help but it was a waste of time, what are my alternatives in this case?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Keeping in mind that you'll need to uninstall Office 365 beforehand.

The Microsoft office deployment tool is available to install some older Microsoft versions.

Using that, you can install a particular version of Office by editing a few lines of the config XML file to describe the office version and apps you require and input that using the command line to the included setup.exe .

I haven't tested this recently with 2016 but it used to work like...

e.g.

config2016.xml

that looks like

<Configuration>

<Add OfficeClientEdition="64" Channel="Current" Version="16.0.15726.20202">

<Product ID="ProPlusRetail">

<Language ID="en-us" />

</Product>

</Add>

<Display Level="Full" AcceptEULA="TRUE" />  

</Configuration>

Then

setup.exe /configure config2016.xml

(That specifies 64 bit Office 2016. If the reason for downgrading is for some obsolete incompatible plugin or addin. then you might need to use OfficeClientEdition="32")

Possible that the version code build number is needed nowadays.

Retail versions of Office 2016 C2R and Office 2019

The following information applies to retail versions of Office 2016 C2R and Office 2019, which share the same release dates and version numbers.

Release dateVersion number

November 8, 2022Version 2210 (Build 15726.20202)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Is this is activation issue or keeping the version?

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

If it's a work laptop you probably shouldn't be installing software anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Neither, I need it for different work while retaining the preloaded 365.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Its ok, as its not my work computer, they bought one I had been using off site and that is why I don't have its credentials.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

As was mentioned, you cant have both on one computer, might be some exceptions.

You have work machine with O365 that contain all the apps(unless you dont as its exchange lic) that are included in office2016. As long you have your credentials for O365, you can use it on any other machine (up to 5 installs). If you dont have your credentials, ask your IT, unless its restricted by company policy, other reasons. If was stored, credentials could be read from browser

Perhaps you have reasons to seek for O2016 specifically, while not exhausting your current O365 options

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Partition the hard drive and then run Office 2016 on the new drive that you created?

Is there a specific requirement for O2016? O365 is exactly the same thing like.

Advertisement