Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone listen to Radio ads anymore?

Options
  • 16-11-2022 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

I find Radio advertising has become more and more annoying over the past few years. The goal appears to be to create something so irritating that it grabs the listeners attention.

With Bauer media taking over Newstalk and Today FM, this has reached another level. No room for dead air, squeeze a jingle or ad into every opportunity. The creep of the cash machine nonsense into every program is outrageous. They'll spend a segment discussing gambling issues and encourage €2 texts around the clock.

If I'm not listening to music or podcasts and I happen to hear some remotely interesting discussion, I'll mute the radio as soon as an ad or jingle starts up. Would rather a few minutes of silence on my commute than mind numbing drivel.

Radio really is reaching new depths with its pitiful offering. Did I mention the cash machine..!!!!!

Advertisement