Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor Series WarGames 2022 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Read a mad stat that Styles hasn't won a PPV match in three years, Crown Jewel 2019 being the last time he won one!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,059 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought they would go for The OC maybe with Edge, Rey and Mia or Beth against Judgement Day plus others traditional 5 on 5 SS match

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think I was saying before but the problem there would be if Rhea and Mia are on the teams, wouldn't one pinning the other mean both have to leave the match?

I'd love to see Rhea eat a spear or styles clash, she has been taking shots at the men so fair she gets some back, bring back the mixed tag matches

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Is that the rules now? Old WarGames didn't have eliminations iirc? But that's old WCW WarGames I'm thinking of tbf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,692 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Think he was saying if it's a traditional survivor series match.

I kinda hope kairi sane is the 5th member, her doing the elbow off the cage through a table on Bayley would be a much better sendoff than getting smashed up backstage in the thunderdome, And we know HHH is definitely Open to one offs.

Yeah, Liz was talking about a traditional elimination match, which is what I was replying to.

For the men, not sure who will join Sheamus.

Initially I thought KO as it would nicely segue into the Sami stuff but he's injured so I've no idea. Maybe one of New Day? Or possibly Braun if certain things happen in the World Cup, it's hard to know who it will be.

Becks back for Team Bianca

• Advertisement

Anyone staying up for this one tonight? I'm very very tempted myself as the two WarGames matches look tasty along with Balor/Styles. Not sure I'm able for the all nighters any more though!

I keep forgetting it's tonight since I'm still getting used to them doing the events on a Saturday instead of a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I'll try to alright. But I often have to tap out around 2.30/3.00 and catch the rest in the morning. Wouldn't be too excited about Ronda v Shotzi but the rest of the card looks decent. Balor v Styles could be a cracker.

I wouldn't mind Shotzi winning

Will they be a turn, shock, surprise, Bliss heel turn, Bloodline turn on Sami etc.,?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,294 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Okay there are two threads so I can say it twice!

WTF no roof on the cage for War Games!

No roof when it was in NXT either.

I'm fairly sure Ozzy Osbourne is dead and is being controlled by a series of pulleys weekend at Bernie's style.

Predictable enough results tbh. Bianca is the John Cena of women's wrestling it seems, can't see her dropping the belt anytime soon. Finn and AJ was a good scrap, clearing out the OC and Judgement Day from ringside worked well too. Fell asleep during Shotzi/Ronda and I was watching it this morning 😂

Main event was good but it kinda made Sheamus and Drew look like bums with them being down for so long for the Sami/KO moment. I sort of get 'why' they did it that way but I'm not sure where the Bloodline story goes from here with them all being best buddies now. I suppose we won't see Roman till January with the long build into the Rumble. What do KO, Sheamus and Drew do now though?

Not saying Shotzi's the greatest in the world, but Ronda just seems very limited in the ring so all her matches drag, unless ended quickly.

Nikki and Alexa seemed very out of place in the match. They were just there. As old as Alexa's old gimmick got at least it was something. Now she's very bland, character wise.

Speaking of bland characters, they need to do something with Solo if they ever plan on giving some kind of singles run. I'm sure the Bloodline would like the US or IC title.

Not sure where they'll go with Theory now. As strange as the decision was, I guess they decided to change the character before giving him the title, but hope they don't have him lose it right away in a rematch.

Overall a good show.

Wonder if words were had with the camera operators after the women's match. Alexa looked pi$$ed at the cable getting in the way, then Becky was stalled as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,781 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Theory been pushed again it seems

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,294 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The crowd was dead for most of the night and it was far from a sell out.

The biggest pop of the night with the live crowd was Austin Theory winning and the first back stage promo

Balor and AJ was enjoyable as was the 3 way for the US title the rest was take it or leave it

All the waiting between matches for ads on Peacock backstage promos etc kills the live crowd atmosphere completely as I’d say 60% of the crowd go into the phones and don’t then lift their heads till half way into the next matches.

So that's the last main roster event now until Royal Rumble on the 28th January. Glad it's on a Saturday so can watch on the Sunday.

Women's match was all over the place, and will only ever be remembered for Becky coming off the cage.

Balor/Styles was 2 world class wrestlers wrestling at a very high level, in a match I'll never watch back.

Shotzi should be nowhere near a high profile singles match, watching her in a chamber/mitb through your fingers is about right.

They've managed to make Theory look like more of a loser than in the matches he actually lost, so that's impressive.

The story inside the men's wargames was brilliantly told, Sami/Roman is a WrestleMania main event, and while I normally wouldn't trust WWE with anything, I think they'll get us there successfully.

The crowd was dead, but that's always likely to happen when you make them watch half the show on a big screen, but the fact that WWE wargames matches never feel like an actual fight AND can't end until everyone is in the ring doesn't help.

I really hope there is a good end pay off for Sami, the storytelling with The Bloodline and him is amazing, I think Sami as RR winner against Reigns at WM would be awesome

Is press conferences after the ppvs now a thing always?

Asuka could have pinned Rhea after misting her

Yay AJ won finally

I was hoping Shayna would have cost Ronda, letting Shotzi win

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The women’s war games was okay but becky just killed Dakota and Iyo.

Ronda needs to go home and find something else to do with her time, and shotzi isn’t someone to help Ronda look even passable in the ring. Is it just me or does Ronda give the impression she doesn’t give a **** ?

I liked the triple threat. three good wrestlers as was AJ and Finn.

Sami Zayn is just killing it atm. It’s easily the thing I enjoy most about WWE.

Watched wars games and it was okay but it really needs a roof and one thing i really noticed or should i say heard is the amount of foot stomping the WWE talent do when they throw punches or headbutts and the mic amplify the sound it is just as bad if not worse than the leg slapping indy wrestlers get criticized for.

Sami also needs to be the one to beat Roman not the Rock or KO or Cody or Seth otherwise they have just wasted however long they have been running the story line of him joining the bloodline and what is the whole point of him joining if it leads to him not winning the title.

Some talk of Roman and KO real heat over an unplanned slap

Advertisement