Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paper Share Cert

• 15-11-2022 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I have a physical share certificate for BOI stocks and would like to know how to digitize and sell the shares as a non-resident?

When I purchased the shares many years ago I lived in Ireland but now live in the US. My broker in the US cannot assist with the securities and I cannot open an account with an Irish brokerage as I am no longer a resident in Ireland. I have been in touch with ComputerShares, your registrar and they advised so speak to BOI direct.

How can I sell the shares or can they be transferred to someone in Ireland who can sell them on my behalf?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

All enquiries concerning stockholdings should be addressed to the Bank’s Registrar.

The Bank’s Registrar is:

Computershare Investor Services (Ireland) Limited, 3100 Lake Drive, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24, D24 AK82, Ireland.

Telephone: + 353 1 247 5414,

Facsimile: + 353 1 216 3151.

If you need further information, please contact us at investor.relations@boi.com as BOI Direct would be unable to provide further information on this query.

Thanks,

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EMitch

Declan,

I have contacted both ComputerShare and BOI Investor Relations and both refer me back to the other. How do I proceed and who do I need to contact to clear this up?

In this case we would advise you to locate a share dealing service to sell these on your behalf and you will need to source an independent stockbroker to guide you through the process.

Thanks,

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EMitch

Decan,

Davy/Goodbody/DeGiro all referred me to BOI as the 'only' ones who can assist in this matters does ComputerShare Ireland/UK and the US. So I'm led to believe, obscure and all that my request is, that there is hopefully someone at BOI who can assist.

We have checked this for you in further detail and the Investor Relations team have no access to bank or private shareholder account information. Computershare deal with queries relating to dividends, address changes, lost and stolen certificates. To transfer share certificates to digital you will need to contact a shares transfer agent.

You will need to source this independently.

Unfortunately, Bank of Ireland are unable to assist further with this.

Thanks,

Declan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Derek6773

Hi Declan

i am in the same scenario you have outlined above. Did you manage to sell these share if so can you let me know the broker you used

Thanks

Derek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Hi Derek6773,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Computershare deal with queries relating to dividends, address changes, lost and stolen certificates. To transfer share certificates to digital you will need to contact a shares transfer agent.

You will need to source this independently.

Unfortunately, Bank of Ireland are unable to assist further with this.

Thanks, Megan

Advertisement