Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wicklow speed limits

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Not much changes around my local area from what I can see

noticed Wicklow town main street is down for 30km limit currently 40km

Cant make out kilmac southbound looks like it still 60km should be 80km now with garage seragated from main line.

Look to be extending 80k zone on some exit ramps about half way up or down them

• Registered Users Posts: 78,240 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"Look to be extending 80k zone on some exit ramps about half way up or down them" - in some places, the current shift from 120 km/h is 15-30 before the roundabout stop line, which seems crazy. While the regular users will expect it, tourists might not.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The situation regarding the southbound section of N11 in Kilmac isn't very clear. On the face of it, that section doesn't have a "special speed limit" marked on the new map, so does that mean it's now 100km/h? Not at all obvious, but the current situation where it's stayed at 60km/h despite all the works done recently is rather bizarre.

If nothing is marked, the default applies.

Let's hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,727 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

should be 80 on both sides through Kilmac IMO. They've improved it southbound with the recent works but it's still all a bit messy.

WCC seem to have scrapped the town centre 40 limit everywhere in favour of 30, which is a positive step. 40 was some sort of compromise last time around but people largely ignored it. 30 is the international standard for a reason.

A lot of inconsistency still though - e.g. they've made parts of Greystones seafront 30 but left the road past the marina entrance, which is thronged with pedestrians in the summer, at 50.

I also note that Hill's roundabout and the approach roads from all directions are now 50km/h which makes sense. It was 80 km/h before which was always a bit odd I thought.

They seem to be hit-or-miss with naming roundabouts. Which roundabout is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Plastik

Bray South exit on n11. Hills garage/petrol station at the roundabout.

Thanks. I've been in the petrol station, but it might have been when they were changing the branding and things were up in the air.

Officially it seems to be the Killarney Roundabout.

• Advertisement

I don't see what's messy about the southbound section now. No reason I can see why it shouldn't be 100km/h.

Northbound is still a bit of a mess due to the messy "parking" of garage customers and sometimes buses around the exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,727 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

you have 2 junctions very close together and the mainline is now narrow with no HS. TBH the whole section from J6 to J8 is messy though and it doesn't sound like it's going to fixed anytime soon.

Advertisement