Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to commute from Lucan to Central Park, Leopardstown

Options
  • 12-11-2022 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi,

I will be without my car for the next while so am looking at the best public transport options for getting from Lucan (Bewley) to Central Park, Leopardstown.

I’m guessing the bus into Bachelor’s Walk and then the free feeder bus from D’Olier street to Central but am hoping there might be a faster option.

Thanks,

Jos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭DaBluBoi

From city centre Green Line directly goes there. I believe the 47 also stops close to that park

• Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Central Park has its own Luas stop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

This is where a service like Bla Bla car would be handy. It's matches up drivers and passengers for contribution to fuel cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jos_kel

Thanks but ideally would prefer to go more direct rather than into town and out again

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jos_kel

Where can I get more info about Bla Bla service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

In the absence of any rapid orbital public transport services, realistically the only public transport options are via the city centre.

C Spine to Townsend Street (behind Pearse St Garda Station) and then LUAS from Trinity stop on College Street would be the fastest option, or use the Central Park free bus from D'Olier Street.

You are looking at a journey time of 1 hour 30 minutes (or longer at peak times).

Post edited by LXFlyer on

Advertisement