Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stuck in warm-up after cold start, Peugeot 1.6l petrol

Options
  • 09-11-2022 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭

So, my car has developed this funny (not funny at all) problem recently. After sitting for longer period of time, e.g. overnight or 8hrs while I'm at work, it fires up easy, revs go up to 900-1000rpm range which is normal at the start. But the revs never go down to normal even after car is left idling or even being driven for a while (eng temp gauge reaches normal 90-92C), and the car drives horribly, losing power and jerking in low gears within 2-3rpm range, it cut off a few times too. Now there's the catch: if I let the car to warm up for couple of minutes and turn the engine off and then turn it back on - all problems go away, drives perfect, idling steady @650-700rpm.

I brought it into mechanic last week but he couldn't connect his diagnostic equipment to PCM to see which sensor is playing up. I haven't tried to connect through OBD port yet and I don't really have a clue what to look for or would it be any use even trying to do so (I had problems connecting to OBD too before). There're no errors or warning lights on the dashboard. Any ideas?

It's Peugeot 207 1.6l vti, petrol engine, year 2008, 90k km on the clock.

Advertisement