Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Ninja AF400 UK in Black Friday Sales

Options
  • 09-11-2022 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

Do I just ball into currys / power city...etc and hope for the best on black Friday? Or how do I go about getting my hands on a nice saving for this magnificent machine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Mobius2021

I'm looking for the exact same model and here is my take.

I can't see any deals on this, at least this side of Christmas. Demand for air fryers in general is through the roof and Ninja are having trouble meeting demand, they are out of stock most places. I might have a look in January when things have calmed down a bit.

Power City are even price gouging and bumped their price to an outrageous €500 -

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭lmdke

I have been looking for quite a while and this seems to be out of stock everywhere. I can't imagine there will be any deals on them when there is such demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭i124Q

I spotted them available to order in Currys. I ordered mine for €286 total. ETA is Collection next Monday.

That's great, thanks for the heads up, I put in an order for collection from the Limerick store and I'm getting the same Monday ETA. I'll update here when I get it.

Good stuff. I could wait until black Friday or January Sales but it's going to he even harder buying a Ninja if its heavily discounted (if it is discounted) so may as well get it ASAP. Plus I'm dying to try it out with some chicken wings and skin on fries 😍

• Advertisement

Got an email from dpd.

Your order from Currys PC World was dispatched on 15/11/22 and is due for delivery by DPD Ireland.

It then listed the depot in kildare and the address of currys in Naas. So it's going to be here sooner than next Monday by the looks of it.

I ordered a bit later than you on Monday and got my DPD email this morning. Reckon I'll have it tomorrow or Friday with a bit of luck.

I'm confused, why am I getting all of these DPD emails when it's going to the store. I mean it's nice to keep track of, but I don't think it's being delivered to my house. As in why don't Currys just let me know when it's in. How the air fryer gets to them is between Currys and their courier imo.

It's coming to the store today I believe. Delighted. Hopefully I can pick it up later and cook some chicken wiiiings later.

I agree, it is a little odd but at least as you say it's nice to see where it's at. Good to hear you're getting it today, I should have mine tomorrow so here in Limerick.

Hope it's all it's cracked up to be now, not exactly cheap for an air fryer.

Wahayyyy it's ready to collect. Yeah for me it's the speed that things cook, less messing about with pots and pans...etc. I will try the odd air fryer specific recipe but for me it's for day to day cooking, quick, easy clean and less grease and oil everywhere. I'm looking at you clonakility sausages 😋

And yeah, seems expensive, but the time you will save will make it worth every cent.

• Advertisement

Just picked up the air fryer from Currys. I'm so hyped to try things out, especially sausages, sweet potato fries and wings

According to the DPD tracker, my one arrived in the Limerick store this morning. Just waiting to get an update from Currys to say it is ready for collection. At least I assume I should wait until I hear from them?

Yeah once I got my dpd update, currys sent me an email saying its ready, pretty quick after the dpd update.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

cant seem too order them on the currys website now.

Yeah looks like they're sold out. Keep checking other big electronic retailers qnd argos...etc. one will pop up.

Thanks. Got my email notification around 5 yesterday evening and I picked it up. Haven't even unboxed it yet as I had a work event last night. We are all planning on having a Friday treat of chips and goujons this evening though.

We should also be getting an email in the next week with a code for 6 months of Apple TV with the promo Currys are running at the moment so keep an eye out on that.

Oh exciting. Its huge, you will notice. Thinking of getting rid of one of our ovens, our house came with double oven. Be cool to have the air fryer slide out then. I place it on the hob so that it can avail of the extractor fan.

Only used it once so far. Did streaky bacon. Was very nice, and so much easier than grilling it previously. Only downside to bacon is you can really only do 4 at a time. I'm going to get some air fryer liners so that next time I won't have to clean the grease from the bacon underneath.

I got cod and chips today, so will see how they turn out. Just frozen stuff. Oh and I got shredded chicken and chicken balls. Haha... We might treat ourselves tomorrow.

Oh and we got stuff for toasties, there's a guy on Instagram called boredoflunch and he has a toastie recipe. Looks amazing.

These things are harder to get than PS5's!

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭laros

My Wife picked one up in Argos tullamore last week €270 but it seems to be out of stock now.

Tis the luck of the draw. Currys seem to have one in Liffey Valley at the moment but wont deliver it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 everycloud

Has anyone seen them elsewhere?? Hubby has decided he wants one for Christmas and they’re harder to find then hen’s teeth 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭RMC10

Ninja themselves seem to be restocking them sporadically on their website. If you enter your email they'll mail you and let you know but you need to be quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 everycloud

Thanks, I’ve tried that several times to no avail!

Did Veg in one half of the fryer and 2 Sirloin steaks in the other half. Served with some rice, it was so **** good. 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 3 vinniemcm

Hi folks, for those still looking Currys in Liffey Valley received in a pallet of each yesterday & they are out on the floor at their Black Tag sale prices..... AF400 @ €269.99 & the AF300 @ €239.99. They still state "Out of Stock" on the Currys website but definitely there, I picked mine up yesterday.

Maybe other Currys stores got same, might be worth a look if you can't make it to Liffey Valley.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Was there many left? Blanch always shows stock but cancels the order once placed ha

Has anyone seen these in stock anywhere lately? Preferably in the Kilkenny or Carlow area or somewhere that can deliver - I can't seem to find them anywhere. Thanks

Have you managed to get one off the ninja site as it keeps saying that they don't deliver to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭herrdood

Morning All,

Has anybody seen one in stock in the past few days? Limerick area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement