Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Radio in Opel Astra 2008

Options
  • 08-11-2022 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Hope someone can help. The radio display in my Opel Astra has three symbols on top, a radio, a phone and a car symbol. I can access all but the phone symbol and I need to as I'm trying to pair my phone with Bluetooth in the car without any success so far. Anyone know how to access this phone symbol? Tia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Someone more knowledgeable may come along but I think the Bluetooth versions changed in the last few years and the newer phones can’t connect to the older stereos. You might have to get a little hands free that clips to the sun visor if that’s the case.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Does the car actually have bluetooth? Bluetooth was still an optional extra on that segment of car back in 2008, it's very possible it doesn't have it. The radio may have the bluetooth function preconfigured generically across all models but if the bluetooth module is not fitted then it's not there. When scanning for bluetooth devices to pair on your phone does it see it? Have you tried a different phone, maybe an older phone? That would rule out it being a phone issue.

Advertisement