Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fogging windows new car

• 08-11-2022 3:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,220 ✭✭✭✭

We changed our car a few months back, this one is brand new and it has an issue i had before with another new car (both audi)

Basically the inside of the windscreen fogs up pretty quickly is slow to clear with the air con (but does) but when it fogs i can see patterns in the fog like concentric circles, almost as if someone had a suction mounted dash cam or something, most bizarre.

Have cleaned the interior of the windscreen with stoner invisible glass but the issue persists, what should i try next?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,463 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

What kind of air flow set up do you have on the car and/or are you constantly set to recirculating air with the AC turned off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Hardly any damp in the car? The fogging suggests high humidty.

Do you leave the air con on all the time? Supposedly you should, keeps the car dry and keeps the system lubricated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,220 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i dont usually have air con on if its no needed, so if its cold i have heaters on and if its warm i turn on the ac or open a window.

i dont think its damp, and its a similar issue on two new cars, the first one was a lot better after we had it valeted and i mentioned it to the guy, just not sure what he did!

i dont think to leave ac on as its an EV and there is a range penalty for it, bit silly but that always prompts me to leave it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,463 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I have AC on 100% of the time. Only time I will see misting for a couple of seconds would be if I got in to the car after being soaked in a rain shower or late evening/early morning if it's a particularly cold before I start the car.

• Advertisement

ok maybe thats what i need to do, still doesnt explain the marks that appear in the mist, i must take a pic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Concentric circles could be from the windscreen being fitted. I'd try using an anti fog product like rain x,stoners etc. Use them on my own car and find it very effective

that sounds like a plausible reason for those marks, ill try rain x see how i go, thank you

If you have a sunroof check the drains the drains overflow into the car when full, we had a VW in the past that kept fogging up and was slow to clear and this was the cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭zg3409

Best to leave car in auto and air con typically automatically comes on for first few minutes to defog windscreen. Certain times of year are worse than others but if you don't have Aircon on then windows may continue to must up. If heat is off too then windows may continue to mist up. In terms of range only turn off if you need every last bit of range on that trip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If there’s marks in the windscreen then surely cleaning it properly is the best option. Dirty windscreen fogs up easier too. Probably not prepped properly.

Advertisement