Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self build - €2500 budget

Options
  • 08-11-2022 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

I have an old PC that was spec’d here in 2013 (thank you Bloodbath, https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2057048373/pc-gaming-video-rendering-build-1700#latest),

it’s been my pride and joy, but it’s time to upgrade. I’m looking to put together a gaming/work PC. I have no interest in fancy lights etc, I like clean black.

1. What is your budget? [€2500]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming (MW2/Warzone) & Non-professional photo/video editing/rendering (Adobe – PP, PS)]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes, Windows 11]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Yes]

My old PC (most parts are probably useless/worn out now):

Processor: i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, LGA1150. Heat sinc: Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW

Video Card: Sapphire 5600XT. MB: ASRock Z87 Extreme4, Sockel 1150, ATX

RAM: 24GB G.Skill PC3 DDR3. PSU: Corsair Professional Series HX850 80PLUS Gold 850W

Fans: 3x standard fans. Front facing modules: CD Rom & multi slot card reader (I’ll use these for the new build)

Speakers (I’ll use these for the new build). Webcam (I’ll use this for the new build)

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes, 1440 240Hz 27”] (I have a 24" 1080 that I want to run side-by-side)

6. Do you need any peripherals? [Yes – Decent gaming keyboard & mouse, desk mount for two monitors & oversized black gaming mat]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes]

8. How can you pay? [Bank/Debit card]

9. When are you purchasing? [Soon, I’d like to try and make use of Black Friday]

10. Do you need help building it [No]

I have 2 x hard drives & 1 x SSD that I’d like to bring from my old PC. But I would very much like some of those new M.2 SSDs (at least 2TB)

Thank you so much, you guys are legends for giving your time and abilities to help those less technologically able :)

Would I manage a RX7900XTX? or is that just OTT

Post edited by KpsCowley on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭KpsCowley

Just wondering if I did something wrong, as there havent been any replies?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sorry, it just happens sometime that a thread gets overlooked. 7900XT/XTX should be doable.

Maybe I'll start and put a build together, and if you don't mind to cast your eye over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Have you checked out the builds on PC part picker? At your budget you can probably go for one of their top end lists and then add a silly top end monitor for 4-500!

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/guide/sGgXsY/magnificent-intel-gamingstreaming-build

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Jon Doe

No, nothing wrong, you just have to have a bit of patience. Sometimes life doesn't help... :)

If you're on the market for a RX7900XTX, wait until the 13th December and then check the reviews. Don't know about you but CP2077 taught a lot of people not to buy before it's out... :P

Also, I think you forgot to mention what your work is... office, email & web surfing work != CAD

• Advertisement

Thank you all for your replies, they've been very helpful. It's led me down a long and winding road of PC components. I'm definitely more educated now!

I've decided to change tact. I'm going to go for a cheaper build for now.

I already have a 5600XT, so will stick with that for a few months and pick up something like a 6900XT second-hand once these new boards are out.

Could you please cast your eye over the build below, just to make sure I'm going in the right direction, I want to try and stay under €1000 (OS, keyboard & mouse have yet to be included). Thank you.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://ie.pcpartpicker.com/list/XBb2Nc

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor (€238.99 @ CustomPCPARTS) 

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock 2 Black CPU Cooler (€56.42 @ CustomPCPARTS) 

Motherboard: MSI PRO B660M-P DDR4 Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard (€118.94 @ Paradigit) 

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory (€69.99 @ Corsair) 

Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive (€125.94 @ Paradigit) 

Video Card: Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 5600 XT 6 GB Video Card 

Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR400 (w/ODD) MicroATX Mid Tower Case (€89.90 @ Paradigit) 

Power Supply: Corsair RM650 (2019) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply (€121.52 @ CustomPCPARTS) 

Total: €821.70

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

You mention video editing/rendering so don't get a 12400F, get a 12400, it's a bad saving to leave out quicksync here.

I'd try and get faster ram, 3600CL16 ideally is usually about the sweet spot now. You can probably cover both of those in the same budget by buying from say computeruniverse or amazon and perhaps just using your existing power supply for now makes more sense than buying a 650W and if you don't have drives from your old PC maybe add something like a 2TB sata ssd like an MX500.

Hi Minitrue,

Thank you very much for your advice. I'll take a look at the 12400 & some 3600 CL16 ram.

Also like your idea about keeping my OG PSU (850W), can definitely do that for a saving.

I have a 500GB SATA SSD, 4TB & 1TB HDDs, still with plenty of space left.

Advertisement