Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Starter Game For PC

• 07-11-2022 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

I'd like to get into PC gaming. Preferably a shooter e.g. Modern Warfare.

I'm a complete noobie, so is there a game that I can use to learn the skills (keyboard, strategy etc) and is easy to play.

Ideally, where I can change the difficulty setting within the game.

Tommy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Mickb

Hi,

Try something like the Division or the Division 2. Third person shooter, with an individual story line, but you can also play alongside others to achieve goals / missions.

The difficulty ramps up as you play further into the game.

MiCk B. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Doom Eternal. Just run around blowing and slicing up Demons.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

2nd Doom Eternal and crank up that volume for an epic gaming experience

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Titanfall 2 is one of the best shooters in years. Short but fantastic campaign.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,831 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

When I was introducing friends to mouse look I'd tell them to play the first episode of Quake with it. The controls are very simplified and you can work from there. You'll pick it up easy enough, it's not much different from dual analogue, just better in everyway and you can map more functions around WASD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Quake is free on Amazon Prime gaming this month if you have it

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭pinkfloydian

Thanks Skerries. I do have Prime, so I followed your advice and went for Quake. During the process, I set up an account (as requested) with Epic games. The situation now is that I have an app called Amazon Games, but that does not have Quake. How do I run Quake. Sorry, but I'm new to all this?

Tommy

UPDATE: Just needed to install the Epic app, which I have done. Thanks again.

Post edited by pinkfloydian on

Advertisement