Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC crash on start up

Options
  • 07-11-2022 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi, my problem is on login to win 10 on the PC it crashes. I reinstalled win 10, but the same problem. I can use safe mode and there no problem and in the login screen also no problem.And stay there for hour's. But as soon as I login 5 to 30 seconds later the PC will reboot. Any ideas. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,074 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What do you mean by it crashes. Does it hang, or bluescreen or restart? Is there any error message? What's in the event viewer logs?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,197 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Does it just reboot with no error message?

Have you done any changes recently with RAM, video card, connected new devices, or anything else?

Have you recently added or updated drivers?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Grimwar

A, it just restarts, no error messages. B, I have removed the GDU (and 5600 xt) so just using the Intel built-in. C I removed all except for keyboard and mouse. I have 4 x 4 GB of DDM4 and have removed all and just add one. Rebooted. Swapped it out, repeat, still reboots on just any of the mem sticks.

I used to have a GTX 970 but it burnt out 2 years ago. I then bought the AMD 5600 and all was OK for a while. But earlier this year as I was playing Panzer Core 2 (3D but very low required) I would get crash to the desktop with a AMD driver timeout error.

No error messages, PC just restarts.

I have removed all and I have 4 x 4 RAM @4GB = 16 when all installed. I reinstalled just one. So 4GB, no good, swapped out all 4 and still the same problem of restarting. I may be wrong but I think all 4 MEM sticks can't be damaged.

I can't update driver's, beyond the Windows installation as the PC reboots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

anything on the list on reliability monitor or eventviewer?

RUN(or CMD)>>perfmon /rel

As you can run fine in safe mode would rule out hardware, more like software/driver or profile issue, i guess.

In safe mode you should be able to see logs, what updates were installed lately , as well as uninstall driver(s) and create new user for troubleshooting.

Drivers can be uninstalled also if you boot from USB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Neowise

From safe mode, run msconfig and chose disgnostic startup. then reboot.

If that works, then choose selective startup and enable one at a time until it crashes. narrow down until you find what is causing the crash.

I'll run 'perfmon/rel' in safe mode. Will report back in 20 mins. Thanks

You're not going to believe this, i am posting here from the PC! I was unplugged for 2 days. Switched on the power to the PC and Monitor and it started up fine. no problems so far (touch wood LoL) only small problem is the graphics card, should i just shut down and install the AMD card.. i need the PC for work and can live with the flicker screen

• Advertisement

Whatever suite you,but before still see logs for potential crash cause while you can

no, run

perfmon /rel

review logs there

Will do, Windows is installing a lot of updates ATM

Ffs I'm still downloading a Windows 22H2 update almost an hour amd I have 80 gb's down.

is there enough space on your drive?

after all that Windows updates, let's see what happens, reinstalling Assassins Vallaha lol. IF this works Iam growing over to the PC upgrade channel

installed everything, but the PC went into slow mode, high LAG even on the home screen, removed the GPU again and kind of back to normal. At this stage it has to be the PSU.

Advertisement