Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adopting a cat in Cork

Options
  • 07-11-2022 4:12pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

We're looking to add a new cat to our family. We'd like to adopt a rescue but we're having a hard time finding where the cats are. We had a really bad experience with a nameless organisation recently when we tried to adopt through them so that's made us a bit wary. Other shelters or rescues don't seem to use the internet or social media much so it's hard to know whether they have cats available and it's honestly hard to even know what rescues exist.

If anyone could PM me recommendations, I'd be really grateful. We're not fussy at all about age, colour, anything, we just want a cat with a temperament that will suit our home (we already have pets, and they'd need to be indoor). Kittens seem to be 10 a penny so I'm trying to do the right thing by rescuing but gosh it's a lot harder than just getting one from donedeal or a breeder!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cezanne

2 kittens were dumped over the wall of my farm two weeks ago . They are well handled lovely little kits about 5 months but i have two sighthounds and they are in danger living with me. I have wormed them now and am feeding them twice a day. I can help you out if you have no luck the GSPCA are full so i have to find a new home for them myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Faith, if you dm me I may be able to put you in touch with someone in Cork.

(unable to pm you)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

D’oh, I didn’t realise that having my profile on private meant I couldn’t get PMs. That explains why no-one messaged me!

Thanks beer, I’m hoping to be sorted tomorrow but if that doesn’t work out, I’ll get in touch 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Uliana

Hey, we have two kittens to give away. If you are still looking for kittens, give me a shout!

Advertisement