Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

kia sportage crewcab

Options
  • 07-11-2022 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭

Saw what appeared to be ex uk previous model Sportage passenger model with CVRT disc and €333 road tax, think I have spotted Ford Kuga crew cabs advertised also . How can these vehicles be crew cabs yet many large SUV no longer can ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The Kugas exploited the definition of N1 commercial vehicles relating to load space vs passenger space by having 4 seats, despite actually having 5 (they just removed the centre seat belt)

There are also dodgy SQIs who will sign anything you want as meeting the requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,649 ✭✭✭creedp

At least they are less ridiculous that pseudo business people driving around urban roads in spotlessly clean blinged up Rangers with the weekly shopping in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,914 ✭✭✭Gusser09

How would one go about getting a ranger or Hilux? I quiet like them and they are practical.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭goochy

Sure they are on donedeal and car zone etc ?

Unless you really need one for towing or off roading or can get the taxpayer to subsidise them they have very high running costs so imo best avoided. Know a few guys with high specced versions that are lovely to look at but are supposed to be very heavy on fuel. They don't care as they bought them as commercials so can write off the fuel costs and have have low tax.

The jeckyl and Hyde of Govt policy. Ordinary Joe motorist crucified both financially and social for driving efficient diesel cars while the business class are subsidised to drive oversized, unnecessarily inefficient behemoths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,709 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The jeckyl and Hyde of Govt policy. Ordinary Joe motorist crucified both financially and social for driving efficient diesel cars while the business class are subsidised to drive oversized, unnecessarily inefficient behemoths

I say unless a diesel is a commercial it should be taxed to the hilt.

Need no need for ordinary Joe motorist to drive dirty diesel cars unless they either work as a taxi or can claim its for work or business.

I say that as someone who has at least 3 siblings with diesel cars but they can change to petrol or electric and it would be better for us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Blah blah, the EU has defined what an N1 classified vehicle is, so these are commercial vehicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭goochy

in fairness i think people who have the balls to be self employed deserve something from the gov.

Even those who previously bought them when the Govt thought they would save the world?

Co2 based VRT and motor tax meant it was financial madness to buy, (parricularly large) petrol cars post 2008. Because of this many manufacturers didn't even supply petrol cars to Ireland.

Lots of revisionism now of course

Advertisement