Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Table is useless

Options
  • 05-11-2022 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭

Three times this week I had to use the Open Table app to book a lunch or dinner. It wasn't my choice - the places I wanted to patronise all directed me to their website.

All three restaurants say they never got the bookings. Why do restaurants continue to rely on them for their business?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Looks like you are doing something wrong.

I've never had a booking failure on it

• Registered Users Posts: 25,740 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sounds like a PLBCAK issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,937 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Ooh, that was a new one for me, not the catchiest but I like it.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,214 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Used loads never once had an issue

More commonly known as a PEBKAC which rolls off the tongue a lot easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭gipi

I used open table once to book for a local gastropub. Made the booking for 7pm, got confirmation email, etc, all well.

Got to the pub, to be told that (a) there was no record of the booking - "sure we never see those...." and (b) the kitchen closes at 6.45pm on Sundays so they couldn't accommodate a 7pm booking anyway.

The place still uses open table, and it's still possible to book for a time when food isn't likely to be served.

Probably a setting up issue between open table and the venue, but after the embarrassment of that particular evening, I've never been back.

Advertisement