Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are young people more obnoxious now or just more open about being obnoxious?

Options
  • 05-11-2022 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

I’m feeling old now that I’m thinking like this.

Saw a car last week with a ‘fanny magnet’ sticker in their front window.

Today I was behind a Fiesta and plastered across the back window was ‘Time to do some sleazy ****’ could also have been ‘slut’.

Were the boy racers always this obnoxious or are the new ones just more open about their,literal, sleaziness?

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

TikTok probably boots on most of this. We've had a good spell of political correctness now for a good number of years so things will probably start going the other way as youngsters rebel against their politically correct ancestors

• Registered Users Posts: 13,841 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I find the modern ones are less about actually modifying the looks, but have more blatant stickers. Whereas back in "da day", it was all about making you car not look like a car and people loved it, Max Power was King for a while! Better times imo. At least there was something different to look at, not basically the same "clean" look everyone does nowadays. Pity Bosozoku never caught on over here! :pac:

those stickers are stupid. i don’t know if they’re worse than having the racing strips or whatever they’re called, yno the big sticker across the windshield or rear window that’s literally just the car make?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Young people ... A mixed bag ... some nice some not ....

Boy racers ... generally obnoxious ... a lot of them also involved in crime like drugs and burglaries too ... every time they came to this area there was a robbery spree at the same time ... typical night you'd hear engines revving until 4 in the morning followed by the Celtic Symphony chorus sung over and over ... next day you'd hear about 10 houses and businesses robbed ... you'd find remains of cans and bottles all over the road too ...

It all depends on how well brought up they were, doesn't it?

My family and social situation means that I am in contact with a lot of people in their 20s - and they are almost universally kind, decent, smart, well-educated and hard-working people. TBH, I'd prefer their company to a lot of people I could name in their 50s and 60s.

But I'm sure if my situation was different I'd know a lot of horrible young people. Funny how young people are just like older people in that respect, isn't it?

• Advertisement

Well, the fuckers you're referring to are the reason I won't drive until I'm 40.

Advertisement