Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Championship Qualifying, Ponds Forge, Nov 5-10

Options
  • 05-11-2022 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭

First outing of the new world championship style qualifying system for the UK Championship with top 16 seeded into final L32 BBC stage next Friday. Not sure personally it's the best way, but does give players a better chance of winning a round or two so you can maybe look at it a couple of ways.

Ken taking on Fraser Patrick 7.30 tonight and really intriguing match up for our Fergal with Mink Nutcharut 2.30 this afternoon. Been a mixed bag from her so far, definite ability but very very raw, but at the same time, Fergal not won yet this season so confidence may not be that high. I think close one is on the cards.

Matches on Discovery but also on WS Facebook and you tube from Monday. Hendry withdrawn but not sure anyone really cares much anymore quite frankly!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Well, i couldn't have been more wrong there if i tried. Fergal gets the whitewash, though she ought really to have won a couple of those frames, just not happening for her yet and all a bit of a struggle. Relief for Fergal to finally notch up a win and Robbie Williams not the worst R2 draw I'd say.

Both Aaron and Mick Judge out this morning, taking on guys who came through the Asian tour qualifiers. Mick against Dechawat Poomjaeng who once famously beat Stephen Maguire at the crucible and Aaron against two times amateur world champion, Muhammad Asif from Pakistan. Little pro form to go on so hard to know what to expect, but for a change, Aaron will start a warm favourite so hopefully he plays and wins like one!

Also Champion of Champions final on today and with both Judd and Ronnie playing really well all week, definitely has the potential to be a belter.

Well, Aaron's not going to win like a heavy odds on favourite anyway, 1-3 down at interval and playing as bad as I've ever seen from him, pro or amateur. Missed blacks off spot, no positional sense, no touch at all really. And opponent growing in confidence and taking his chances to give him every credit. Want to get himself together during break or not sure I'd be confident of him turning this around. Mick going well against Dechawat, though, 2-0 and looking set for 3.

2-6 in the end and frankly am a bit lost for words, just too bad to be true. Fair play to Asif, good win for him, but that was as far from the Aaron Hill who beat Judd Trump a few weeks ago as you could imagine. Tough one to process mentally that, i would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Ronnie saying on Eurosport with Neil Foulds that the Mark King shot was never a push. Saying the ref got it badly wrong and probably never played much snooker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

BBC sort of downgrading their coverage of the UK today. Only on the red button not on BBC1`or BBC2 on the first Saturday of their coverage of the snooker season.

Shame they couldn't highlight it better really, as the new format was to increase the prestige of the UK again and try to bring it back up as a mainstay BBC tournament.

Honestly thought it had to be close to being a push, you'd need var to sort it out, but I'd be quite sure at the same time that most refs would never have called foul.

Advertisement