Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disputing warning (1pt) in After Hours thread

Options
  • 04-11-2022 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭

I posted a fairly innoccuous response in an After Hours thread, for which I got a warning and penalty point.

Now, I wouldn't be querying this decision had the thread been in a different forum, but given that this is running in After Hours I really can't see what rule I am supposed to have broken here. I have contacted the mod but as usual got no proper response for the reason.

My comment simply read "You could always prostitute yourself", so I fail to see how this would not be covered by point number 1 in the charter and I want this point removed. Otherwise please explain how and why this was deemed inappropriate in light of other comments on thread.

Link to the thread:

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I guess the lack of any response is telling enough.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,448 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Could you please post your PM exchange with the mod. If no CMods get to this I will take a look

Thank you.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,448 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You suggested a poster should "prostitute" themself

Well this is a very quick one

It does not matter which forum it is. Such a comment is uncivil towards another user.. It is trolling them.

Warning upheld

Despite the charter stating to keep things light hearted as discussions of a serious matter should be moved into appropriate fora?

• Advertisement

Yes - it was uncivil. You have been repeatedly uncivil and trolling throughout your time on this site. I will take this opportunity to warn you to rein it in if you wish to retain posting privileges on this site

Advertisement