Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem receiving SMS code to register device for online banking

Options
  • 03-11-2022 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

I set up a new BoI bank account and registered for online banking. I am currently abroad and went to log in and register my device but cannot receive the code by SMS. It sends me this message - "We've experienced a problem with your mobile number" and lists various customer service numbers to call.

Is this problem with receiving a code by sms to register my device because I am currently abroad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi there, thanks for your post here on Boards.ie.

This can happen is you have changed anything about your device, network provider, SIM card etc. This is an added layer of security in order to protect customers accounts.

In this case I would advise calling our customer service desk on 0035314044000 from abroad and my colleagues can assist you further.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, Eve

Advertisement