Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you know your PPS number?

Options
  • 03-11-2022 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,307 ✭✭✭✭

I learnt mine off in secondary school because it was the password they put on our computer account.

Do you know your PPS number?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

^ that was a security blunder waiting to happen!

But to answer your question, yes I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭daheff

no -what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Yes indeed. Often login to Revenue.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,307 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

All numbers have a 0 infront of them and we're kept on the notice board at the top of the computer rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Noooo.... don't memorise it, it's how 'THEY' will control you

Stick it to 'The Man' and don't be a sheeple

p.s. Throw in some number of the beast references too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yes. The end of it is used as our HR systems password in work, so it's useful for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I can rattle it off but just from use over so many years, I never made a point of learning it. A bit like my current account number or some phone numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

I know mine my husbands and my daughters all off by heart . I’m charged with logging in and out of all 3 revenue.ie accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Yeh it’s 2256447F-uck!

Off by heart, same as my Eircode and several Eir odes I send stuff to whose owners probably don’t know themselves 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

I'm so old mine is 1A.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Only the first 3 digits which is grand as when I search my emails with the first 3 numbers I always find an email from 8 years ago that it's on

• Registered Users Posts: 15,681 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Yes I do it's 00 9944556 lol Awe now come on you did not think I was actually going to type it did you? No you ain't getting it. You may keep trying lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Nope only used it a handful of times

my interactions with the state are minimal thank god

yes.... and my Eircode, Car Reg, bank account, credit card, all passwords..............all stored in my head! I hope I never get a bang on it and end up with amnesia. I have a photographic memory.

I was just going online to pay my bins and my old phone had saved my login details, which consisted of a Panda number and PIN number. I have a new phone since last time I logged in so nothing was saved. But the correct numbers just came into my head and I was able to log in. Dead handy thing to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭easygoing39

no,never have to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Yes, and I was actually a bit "Huh? How?" when a friend didn't know hers a while back. I'm also amazed at how many people don't know their own car reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Yes, I know my pps number, my husbands pps number as well as my bank account number and my credit card number. I frequently can't remember where I left my keys or my glasses but numbers are a breeze for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Of course, who wouldn't?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I do. Have been asked for my PPS number in the past when I didn't have my card with me and had to ring home and ask my mam to check the back of my card for the number. After that, I made a point of learning my number just to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭GSBellew

Do I know a series of numbers and letters that has never changed since being assigned to me, Yes I do.

I know my wives too.

I know the registration numbers of the several cars I have.

I know the chassis numbers of the ones I've had longest.

I know my insurance policy number.

I know part numbers of parts I have to order frequently.

I can usually recall the chassis numbers of cars in build, because the number is in my head.

I know my Passport number, credit card number, date of birth.

Jesus lads, this is basic ****, how in the hell do people pass the leaving cert these days?

I guess I forgot we did not have a formula book, we had to learn that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Was full sure I did but it turns out I was thinking of the wifi password.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

"Let's see, social security number ... naught, naught, naught ... naught, naught ... naught, naught, naught, two. Damn Turkelton...."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Nope. There's a h in it I think.

Forget my birth date as well.

Advertisement