Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Both key fobs stopped working on Mini One at the same time.

Options
  • 02-11-2022 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

As the title says both key fobs have stopped working at the same time. They wont open the car and I have to put the key fob beside the steering column to get the car to start. I have changed the battery also.

It a 2017 mini one.

Anyone experieced this before and find a solution? Can't find a solution online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Anything is the handbook about resetting it after changing the battery?

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,280 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have you tried it when the car is parked at a different location, have seen some odd things happen with something blocking the signals before. Is there any LED lights on the fobs to indicate when the buttons are being pressed?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

No led lights but as both fobs have stopped working and as I changed the battery I reckon the signal from the fob is fine.

I have lots a lights and WiFi signals so interesting that you mention that. I must try when the car is somewhere else.

This is a family members car and coincidentally the same thing happenend with my own car earlier this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

Good point must check that. Tks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭kirving

Had sort of similar recently on a 2016 3 Series. I have 2 keys, but generally just use one. Within the space a week, they both died. Very coincidental behaviour I thought, but new batteries in both fixed the issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement