Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drawn Together: Family guy meets Big Brother

Options
  • 29-11-2004 6:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭

Thought some of you might be interested in this. I'm in the states for a few weeks and came accross a new animated series on Comedy Central called "Drawn Together" that had me in stitches. It's like an animated Big Brother with send ups of cartoon, superhero and video game characters as the housemates.

The humour (or should that be humor?) is very edgy and politically incorrect and instantly brings back memories of the first time I saw Family Guy. Characters include Toot, basically Betty Boop except she can't understand why she's no longer a sex symbol and is prone to cutting herself "to release the pain". Ling Ling, a Pokemon send up, who is cute and cuddly most of the time but goes psycho when people say his name three times. Also a "Superman" who is fond of a few jars and chasing tail, a video game character on a quest to save his girlfriend, who keeps phoning him in the house. An "internet download" pig who is fond of defecating anywhere and everywhere, and what I presume to be Spongebob Squarepants, who is just annoying.

If there's no sign of it being shown in Ireland I heartily recommend any FG fans who are able, grab it on Bit Torrent. You will not be sorry!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

milltown wrote:
    If there's no sign of it being shown in Ireland I heartily recommend any FG fans who are able, grab it on Bit Torrent. You will not be sorry!

Surely using bittorrent in this way would be illegal? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Saw a trailer for it last week in Canada (it showed a lesbian snog in a hottub!).

Didn't know it was being shown yet... Must have a look for it. (If Sky get it, they'll cut it to shreds...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Yeah, apparantly Waldoor Sockbat is supposed to be Spongebob.

And Ling Ling is bad tempered all the time, the other characters just don't realise because they don't understand japanese. ;)

No new ep this week unfortunately due to Thanksgiving. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I saw it in America. I thought it was dissapointing. It's not very funny.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Saw it once, thought it was shíte. Waste of bandwidth, tee bee haitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Watched the first episode and it really wasn't that impressive, of course only one episode isn't enough to be certain but it seems as if everyone here thinks pretty much the same as me........"Mheee".....don't bother, what a waste of cap :rolleyes:

Advertisement