Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I donate good quality things these days, household stuff, not clothes?

• 01-11-2022 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭

Is anywhere accepting donations? I'm think things like vases, ornaments, nice household things that are good quality and in perfect condition.

Also things like unopened cosmetics giftsets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,881 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Simon, SVdeP. Otherwise freestuff websites

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭MenloPete

Freecycle.org specifically has a lively Galway group

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭rustyfrog

You can list for free on Adverts.ie. You'll get many requests, you don't need to go with the first. Pick a reliable well reviewed "buyer" to ensure a no hassle collection or you might want to avoid buyers that mop up free items to relist for money. List items in bundles to avoid arranging too many collections.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭sasal

Simon furniture shop on Seán Mulvoy Rd or the Vincent de Paul in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭sasal

A woman's shelter might take the cosmetics.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The GSPCA have recently opened a new shop at Unit 40A, Briarhill Business Park, Galway. They accept household items, furniture etc. I'm sure they'd be delighted with a donation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is there anywhere looking for some kids toys? Good condition. Might be useful in the lead up to Christmas. There is the SDVP shops but if there is a more tailored place, I'll give them there instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭MenloPete

I think Team Hope is operating its Shoebox campaign again this year.... but toys must be small.

Advertisement