Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoMo or Eir Mobile Connect 30 Day?

• 01-11-2022 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭

I'm currently with Vodafone, am looking to move to a 30 day contract. I'm thinking either GoMo or the Eir Mobile Connect 30 Day. They're both the same price for me (as I don't have Eir broadband). From what I can see, the main differences are Eir offer 5G and GoMo don't, and that Eir's price is only for 12 months, and then in increases (but someone in a thread here said if you phone them each year you can stick with the €14.99 price). They both use the same Eir Network.

Does that sound like a fair summary? Am I missing anything? And with all that in mind, any suggestions which to go for?

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

Make sure to sign up to Eir online as it's a 12 month offer. I went in store and they'd only give me 6 months.

I'm happy so far. The only thing I'd say is your 5g speeds could be slower than your 4g connection depending on your proximity to the tower. I was getting around 200mb to 400mb down with three 5g but my Eir "5g" is often closer to 15 or 20mb at home. Not a big deal as I'm on WiFi at home. Got 150m yesterday in my office in Dublin City.

Three had no signal at my holiday home unfortunately and Eir gave me a decent 5g connection down there and I was able to hotspot perfectly so all in all I'm happy with the move.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭jasonb

Thanks for your comments @breeno Do you know if it's definitely only for 12 months, or can you ring Eir after the 12 months and get it extended?

Advertisement